I've been saying that I'd get back on this blog thing after baby #2 is here. Well, we are 4 weeks (or less) out from that so I figured I better go ahead and get started. Well, I thought at the very least I could get rid of the Christmas background since we are now just days away from Valentine's Day! (I decided to go gender-neutral on the colors but be ready to see PINK again if baby #2 is a girl!) :)
Today is actually the 2-year anniversary of my due date with Claire. I remember thinking she would come before my due date. But then my due date came and no baby and it went and still no baby. Will and I thought we'd be celebrating Valentine's Day 2008 as first-time parents that year but nope...we had another Valentine's Day together just the two of us. Well, Claire was with us too but we actually got to sit and eat in peace and didn't have bags under our eyes yet from caring for a newborn. It was that Valentine's Day that we started our tradition: eating a heart-shaped pizza from Mangia and a heart-shaped cookie cake for dinner. I have such fond memories of that Valentine's Day and now look forward to that meal every year! I'm not even a big Valentine's Day person but there's something sweet and special about eating that yummy heart-shaped food with my dear hubby. I am very much looking forward to doing the same this year, although it might not be as peaceful as the last 2 years. In between bites of my pizza, I'll probably be cutting food up for Claire and making sure her milk doesn't spill. But I don't care. I love that kid and feel so blessed that we have a little girl to sit at the table and eat pizza with us!
But back to baby #2...we have our induction date set for March 10th. I'm hoping he/she comes sooner but I have a feeling we might end up needing that induction date. As of my 36-week appt yesterday, there was nada going on. I'm completely closed up and baby is still floating around happy as a clam in there. I really think my uterus is too cozy and my babies don't ever want to leave on their own! I am perfectly happy to give them a place to reside for 9 months but come on...after 9 months it's time they move on out! I'm ready to get back into regular clothes again!
Stay tuned for various pics and updates on baby #2's pending arrival in the next couple of weeks...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment