Monday, May 10, 2010

I take it back...

We don't have a new baby. Our super fussy baby turned happy baby turned back into a fussy baby. :( The last week has been pretty rough to say the least. And we are having major sleeping issues. (Well, maybe they aren't "technically" major for a 2-month old but I guess when we never had these issues with Claire, they feel major to us!) Grace takes a great 2+ hour nap in the swing every morning. (Not excited about it being in the SWING as opposed to the cradle or crib but hey...at this point I just want her to sleep.) But the rest of the day is anybody's guess as to napping. It's usually cat naps here or there and LOTS of work involved getting her to take those naps. Then we get to the 8:00 pm hour and it is so difficult to get her to fall asleep. I essentially spend 3 hours (from 8 pm to 11 pm) every night rocking and shushing and putting her in the swing and nursing and shushing and rocking and bouncing and nursing and trying the swing again over and over and over. Finally, just before 11 pm I am finally able to put her down for the night. It is exhausting. Not to mention all of my free time to get important chore stuff done (and maybe even a little ME time) is non-existant. And I don't get to put Claire to bed anymore. Will has to do bathtime and bedtime every single night. I know it will get better in time but man, 2 weeks ago I thought we were finally in the clear. Looks like we have to tough it out awhile longer...

(Note: Yes, we are inside of the 8-11 pm hour and I am blogging. I decided to put Grace in the bouncer tonight and that seems to have done the trick...for now at least. So I have probably a very short amount of ME time and lucky for you I am choosing to be on the computer.) :)

But on the upside, when Grace is happy, she is simply delightful. So smiley and interactive. I keep trying to get a smile of hers on camera but every time I get the camera out, she gets all serious because she's trying to figure out what the shiny, rectangular object in front of her face is. One of these days hopefully. And I know I need to get video of her too. I will, I will I promise!!

Here are a few recent pics...






No comments: