Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Officially sitting up?

So I'm not sure what counts as "officially" sitting up for a baby. Is it 10 seconds? 60 seconds? 5 minutes? Where is the "rules and regulations" handbook for baby's firsts? Claire started sitting up for 10 second intervals on Sunday. In the last 3 days, she has worked herself up to today's 30-60 second intervals. I think I'm gonna call today her first "Official Sitting Up Day" because I think 60-seconds qualifies! :)

Earlier this week we headed outside one evening, despite the obnoxious heat. Claire had never sat in grass before. I can't say she was crazy about it...I think it might have been a little too prickly for her liking. But she tolerated it for a couple of pictures. The sun was a little bright so maybe the grass wasn't the issue. Although, after we got out of the grass, she had tiny red spots all over her legs. :( Luckily they went away in about 10 minutes. But anyway, we got a few "okay" shots. She wasn't in a great mood...she's been fussy all week and we think it has to be teething. Poor baby. We'll try again for some good outside shots in the grass again.

No comments: